Before the launch of HomePod, it has been reported that the speaker will be running with a version of iOS. Also, when it was first launched, it was much likely to receive updates similarly like Apple’s iOS, devices, Macs, Apple, TVs, and Apple watch models. However, Apple didn’t mention that how these updates can be installed.
Some Major Guides as Your Reference:
- How to install & Use FilzaJailed iOS 11.1.2 Root Access for iOS Jailbreak 11.1.2
- Apple Releases macOS 10.13.3 Final Version
- FAQ on Latest Apple iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Update
- Apple Plans to Release combine universal apps that unify IOS and Mac Apps
- Apple Release IOS Jailbreak 11.2 After crashing IOS 11 Update
- G0blin iOS 10.3.3 Jailbreak IPA Now Released for Download 64-bit
- Apple releases fifth iOS 11.2.5 beta Update for iPhone and iPad
- Installer 5 Beta Download For iOS 11 / 10 Releasing soon in coming days
So, in order to keep you updated with everything here is how HomPod updates will be installed.
As you already know that this smart speaker runs with special version of iOS and same as other smart speakers, like google home software updates will be pushed to Apple’s device. Also, after digging 9to5 Mac, it has revealed that the software updates will be transfer in the same process as they delivered to Apple Watch through watch app. But, for HomePod, everything will be delivered via home app instead over the air.
The updates for HomePod will be controlled via home app. The app will send alert to its users whenever a new software update will be available. Users will be free to use their option to enable automatic updates. Additionally, these updates can be installed on a single HomePod. Please note that all HomePods in the home or specific stereo players will not be available for HomePods running different versions.
It also has been reported that there are several requirements for updating the HomePod.
HomePod will be updated same like WatchOS get updated via Apple watch app on iPhone and it will also contains the similar update requirement for example: HomePod version 11.3 is not able to be installed if iPhone is iOS 11.2.5.